Monday, January 3, 2011

Nudity At The Gym

So I was at the gym today that is somewhat near my parents place. Every time I had come home to stay with them, I had been going to a place that was really nice and spacious but crowded with old folks who literally were wheeling around oxygen tanks while doing decline bench presses. I was glad that they were out and exercising but it didn't help me out to be inspired. Plus, when I go out of town, the first place I usually score is the gym. I needed to be someplace a little more hipper and larger. So I bit the bullet and paid 10 more bocks and got a membership at the hot gym a little farther away. It is closer to the big town and the people are more cosmopolitan if you will. After going a few days, I was struck at how straight the gym is between the moms trying to lose the baby fat and the boys trying to pump up and look good for the ladies. In NYC, so many of the guys are gay or bi and the energy is palpablely different. PLUS more cruisy! SO once again, I went today hoping that after the workout I'd at least get cruised by some of the sexy boys.

I did a killer ab workout with a cardio consisting of elliptical and then swimming. I got done with the swim and went to my locker and stripped. Placed my wet suit in a bag and put it in a locker. As I was doing this, a totally hot, most likely straight boy comes in from his shower with a towel around his waist. My lucky day! He's totally going to let me see what he has going on under the towel. I mean he is really stacked with large broad shoulders and a teeny tiny waist. Not to mention ripped abs, blond and is hairless. Surely he must have shaved. SO I'm totally standing there butt ass naked letting anyone see me trying to act busy at my locker while stealing glances at him. He takes a towel out of his locker and begins drying off. Why didn't he just use the towel around his waist? He then proceeded to pull on his underwear under the towel around his waist followed by jeans. WHAT??? God gave you that body and you are sinning by not showing it off!

A while ago I was a devoted reader of a now defunct blog that was written by a gay man basically advocating for more nudity. Now I get off on nudity everywhere but mainly on sexualized nudity. I'm not wanting to play naked volleyball or go naked camping and not have sex. But this blogger had a list of things to do to get more comfortable being naked and to show off for others. I adhere to this every time I'm at a gym out of town. (My gym in NYC is in my building and doesn't have a locker room. BUMMER.)

1 - Pick the locker that is the farthest away from the showers if you can.

2 - Leave your towel in your locker. Walk to the showers totally nude or with just shower sandals on.

3 - Always use a group or gang shower if you can. Leave your door or curtain open of there are doors in the shower area at the gym.

4 - When finished go to your locker and dry off. Again leave your towel in the locker and walk to the mirror to put on hair products, moisturizer and deodorant nude.

5 - Always try to smile and talk to guys looking at you. You will get lucky! The first time I tried this at a gym in Chicago, I got three dates right away. Was hot!

If you work-out or are just pretty damn confidant about your bod or working on getting confidant about, BE NAKED! As much as possible. It is good for the self-esteem and good for those of us watching!

So go to the gym tomorrow and try it as an experiment. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

xox
SVEN

No comments:

Post a Comment